Import Markdown lets you easily generates posts based on Markdown files.
Markdown is a lightweight and easy-to-use syntax for creating HTML. Let’s see some of the advantages of using this emerging format with the Import Markdown plugin:
- Markdown is extremely easy to use, the tokens available with the Markdown syntax can be learned in less than 30 minutes.
- Markdown translates to perfect HTML. No missing closing tags, no improperly nested tags, no blocks left without containers.
- The Markdown files are simple text files editable with any text or code editor, on any operative system.
- The Markdown files are extremely lightweight text files which don’t need to be compressed to be transported or sent on the internet.
- Writing with the Markdown syntax requires and average of 25% less characters than writing HTML.
- You can stop thinking about html and focus on what’s important, the content.
- You can start writing your posts in your personal distraction free editor, like a simple text/code editor customized for your needs or one of the specific Markdown editors available on the market.
- Programmers no longer need to manually convert to HTML entities the problematic characters present in code snippets. The Markdown parsers do this job for you.
- With five included parser and three Markdown variations supported, this plugin can certainly satisfy even a Markdown expert who make use of any possibility provided by the syntax.
Step 1: Install it
Install this plugin by navigating
Plugins -> Add New within your Admin dashboard, then searching for ' Import Markdown ', then click
Install, then activate.
Alternatively you can head over here, download the plugin and then upload and extract it to your WordPress plugins folder.
Step 2: Use it
Use the plugin as shown in the below screenshots:
Read more here.